Sunday, January 6, 2008

Christmas!

The girls Christmas Eve


Adeline blowing kisses to Deedad


Maylen with her new baby doll


Adeline on her new princess scooter


Sweet sister kisses


The girls with their great-grandmother


Brian, Mary Elena, Ashley, Steven, Mamaw,
Maylen, and Adeline in front of Mamaw's tree--its a Christmas
tradition to take one of these every year at Christmas.


We had a very nice Christmas. We spend Christmas Eve with William's side of the family, Christmas morning at home, and Christmas evening with my side of the family. The girls seemed to really enjoy the loads of gifts that they received. William and I thought it was sweet how excited Maylen was about each gift. Saying "I wanted this" or "I like this!" about each one. We awoke Christmas morning by her coming to my bedside saying, "Santa brought me the baby doll that I wanted". Its sweet how she has grown each Christmas to becoming more aware of the events leading up to Christmas, and anticipating the traditions of the holiday. And though Adeline isn't old enough to anticipate the holiday, it is sweet that she is getting old enough to enjoy playing with Maylen. They both seem to like the same toys and they like each others company while they are playing. I have to say honestly, being a parent and seeing the innocent wonder of your children at Christmas is more precious than the memories of waking up Christmas morning to presents as a child. I feel tremendously thankful to God for the gift of my family, and the gift of His Son, Jesus, who was sent to redeem us from our broken world.

No comments: