Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Tornado Tuesday





On Tuesday the news called for an emergency tornado warning. I called William to find out when he was going to be traveling home from Jackson because I was worried about him driving into the storm. Thankfully he made it home just as the sirens started to sound in Cordova. The girls and I spend an hour in the bath tub while William and Javie (William's classmate) tried to be brave and watch the radar on TV and "look out" for tornados from the back door. I think the girls thought it was weird that I wanted them to stay in the bath tub with me, all fully dressed and reading books. I left the tub for a few minutes to gather coloring books and crayons and we colored for a while. By the end of it, Maylen didn't want to leave the tub because she was having fun. We are thankful to the Lord that we did not have any damage in our neighborhood. However, Union University was hit pretty badly at about 7 pm that evening. I posted some pictures of the campus, and needless to say, William is out of class for at least the next two weeks while the school tries to assess the damage and make the campus accessible for students again. Because he is out of class and not working, I'm putting him to work around the house -- he'll probably be so ready to go back by the end of it :).

No comments: