Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day



On Friday the moms from Mother's Day Out were invited to "Muffins for Mom" with their kiddos. I went and was surprised to get a gift that each of the girls made for me. Adeline made a very special tile with her hand print on it. Maylen gave me a tile with a flower made with her finger prints. She also made me a card with a flower on the front, and on the inside she drew a picture of the two of us. The card said, "I know my mommy loves me because she plays the memory game with me." I was very touched by their gifts. I'm looking forward to hanging the tiles on the wall. Then Maylen's group sang a song to their mommy's. I'll have to get a copy of the song-- it was so sweet that I cried. After the song was over I noticed that several of the moms had also cried. I was a little bit worried that Maylen would think that I was sad (because that is her only understanding of crying) but the teachers prepared them by pretending to cry while they practiced (which they found hilarious). I asked Maylen if she was glad that I cried during her sweet song-- she nodded her head and smiled. It was all such a special way to honor me.

No comments: