Sunday, October 12, 2008

A Big Day for Adeline

We have been talking for a few weeks now about how it was about time for Adeline to give up her pacies. We told her that she could give her pacies to new babies at the hospital who would need them. Then one day she told me that she wanted to give her pacies to "Baby Tu". Baby Tru is my dear friend's new baby. I thought that was such a sweet idea. So we had talked about it some, and I told her that she would get to see baby Tru at church this morning. This morning she told me, "I want to take my pacies to baby Tu." So we put all her pacies in a bag this morning and Adeline took one pacy out of the bag at a time and put them in Tru's carseat. I'm so proud of her! So when we came home I gave her a special surprise for being such a big girl -- a set of princesses! She loves playing with little figures so she was very excited. Say a prayer for us at naptime and nighttime--hopefully she'll get used to sleeping without her pacies soon!

Baby Tru with his new pacies

Adeline with her new princesses

1 comment:

Emilee Odette Garrett said...

How fun! It's so good that you did something "concrete" with the pacies. Now when she asks for them, you can just say, "Remember? You gave them to Baby Tru!" Good luck!