Sunday, December 16, 2007

For the love of Papa


I took the girls to see Santa the other night. I was a little nervous about how they would do. I had been pointing Santa out while we were in line and telling the girls that Santa would give them candy after they sat on his lap and got their picture made. The first attempt was not so good. Adeline did not want anything to do with Santa. She did want the candy though. So he gave her candy and we stood over to the side waiting to get their picture. The thought occurred to me that often when Adeline sees gray-headed men she says "Papa". She loves her papa and he has gray hair so I started calling Santa, "Papa Santa," and telling her that Papa Santa would give her more candy if she sat on his lap. I guess the positive association worked because she was all smiles while she sat on his lap. The next day I was telling my mother about how we had called him Papa Santa, and Adeline looked at my mom and said "Papa Santa!" We thought that was so funny! She loves her Papa!

No comments: