Saturday, March 1, 2008

Things can change in one evening.

Daddy's Kitchen Helpers

I came home this afternoon after spending the night at a women's retreat for the church. I've had a cold so as the weekend went on I started losing my voice. When I got home the girls were very glad to see me (and of course I was so glad to see them). But Maylen heard me talking and wasn't quite sure what was going on. She turned to William and said, "Daddy, what's wrong with Mommy's taking?" I told her that I am hoarse from having a cold. She had such a peculiar look on her face, so I assured her that I am the same Mommy and will get my voice back. She looked at me, her face full of question and asked, "Mommy, why do you have a horse in your throat?" I love her literal mindset--what a cutie!

Adeline has become quite the talker lately. I've even heard her start forming sentences. Today she said some things I had not heard her say before. We were eating dinner and she said, "drink, please" all without our prompting, and then pointed to her mouth and said, "pepper". Telling us that it was hot. I love that she is communicating with us. She's getting to be such a little girl!

While I was away William did a good job of taking care of the girls. When I came home he had the house picked up, the carpet vacuumed, a load of laundry washed and folded, and was doing yard work! What a sweet welcome home. I should go away more often; I think they actually missed me. :)

No comments: