Sunday, August 3, 2008

July Events

It has been a long time since I have blogged. We have had a lot going on as a family, and I haven't really had the time to blog. Maylen and Adeline were both sick the first week in July, we had "4th" celebrations, birthday parties, Vacation Bible School, I've been sewing, William's been studying etc. Oh, and we also celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary! So here are a few pictures that capture some of these events.

I took Maylen with me to the 4th of July celebration (on June 30) at Bellevue. But Adeline stayed home with her Daddy taking care of her.

I took both of the girls along with their cousins, Julia and Sam, to the 4th of July celebration and fireworks in Germantown. Here is a picture that Maylen was reluctant to be in -- she either wants to be in photos or doesn't and there is no cooperation when she doesn't.

Maylen and Adeline playing together before leaving for the fireworks show. Maylen was in the mood for photos here!
We had a birthday party for "Deedad" on July 5th. We had Bar-B-Q and watermelon which the girls loved! Here is a picture of Adeline enjoying some watermelon.


Adeline's silly face.

Maylen's silly face.

Here is Maylen eating some birthday cake. My little girls love to eat!

My dad's birthday is on July 6th. Here is a photo of everyone being "tricked" by the trick candle on his cake. It's funny to see the surprise on everyones faces.

I taught Vacation Bible School to Maylen's age group-- the 4 year olds. This was her first year to get to go to VBS. The theme was the Wild West. I borrowed this hat, and when Adeline put it on I thought that she looked a bit like "Yosemite Sam."

We decorated the room to look like a western farm, and had our Bible story time in the corral.

I thought that I would add this picture. The girls were watching a movie together. It think it's so sweet how they enjoy each others company.

I made Maylen's dress. The pattern is "Frannie" by Children's Corner. I thought it turned out so cute and was a quick sew. I'll definitely be using this pattern again.

Well, that's our month of July in a nut-shell. I hope to be more consistent with journaling in the coming months.

2 comments:

Paige said...

hey! cute pics! i have a question...how exactly did you get the feedburner email subscription thing on your blog?? i've been trying to figure it out with feeburner's site and am just confused. help!

thanks!
paige

Emilee Odette Garrett said...

Yay! You finished the Frannie! It looks fantastic! Your girls are just adorable and I've loved getting to know them better this summer during our sewing sessions.