Saturday, June 28, 2008

Picking Bluebabies!






Today we went to Nesbit, Miss. to pick blueberries (or bluebabies as Adeline calls them). The skies were overcast which make it a pleasant day for picking. The girls took the lower parts of the bush and were busy picking and eating blueberries while my mom, dad, grandmother and I picked the harder to reach berries. I think the girls enjoyed it for about 30 minutes and then they got tired of picking and of eating, too. Maylen said, "I don't want to fill up on blueberries." I think she must had eaten quite a few. She said picking blueberries reminded her of Blueberries for Sal, a children's book we have read together. We talked about how the berries made the same "plunk, plunk" sound as they hit the bottom of the pail just like in the book. We came home with 3 gallons of blueberries to divide among us. I'm looking forward to making some yummy desserts and breakfast foods with these delicious berries.

2 comments:

carly said...

cute! cute! cute! I am so jealous you got those dresses.

Paige said...

Hey! Those are such sweet pics of your girls. They are getting SO big!! It was good to see you even if just for a short time while we were in Memphis.

Love you!
Paige