Monday, June 23, 2008

Potty Time!

Proud moment!

It's funny what you find yourself talking about and getting exciting about as a parent. I would have never expected moments like these to be such a big deal--almost a right of passage. But here I am, a mom, and so excited about these milestones. And then journaling about them. haha

I just bought Adeline a new potty to start working on potty training. I got the potty out of the box last night to give her the opportunity to start trying it out. With Maylen, before I started full-fledge potty training, I got the potty out and let her try it for a while to allow her to get used to it. Maylen was not excited about the idea and acted scared from sitting on the potty. So my expectation were low when I got the potty out for Adeline. But Adeline was very interested in this new potty and wanted to sit on it right away. I let her sit on it and she sat there for the longest time. She wanted to sit there until something happened. Eventually she did go, and she was so pleased with herself. I took her picture and gave her a piece of candy, and we all make a big deal of it. Surprisingly she wanted to sit back down on the potty. A few minutes later she stood up and showed me how she had finished what she started. We were so surprised by all of this. I think it helps that she wants to do what her Sissy does. Hopefully this will make it a little easier on me.

No comments: