Monday, August 24, 2009

JULY - VBS and more events from our summer.

July was a busy month for us. We had Vacation Bible School at Independent. I taught Maylen's class. The theme was Pirate Island. We were picked as one of the favorites for the room decorations by the 5th grade class and pictures of our room were posted in the VBS paper. The week was long and exhausting, but I think the kids had a great time, and most importantly learned some great bible verses and Bible stories.







William and I went to an "Around the World Birthday Bash" at the Harriman's. We were supposed to dress in costumes from different parts of the world. I dresses in a Chinese Kimono and William was a Caribbean Pirate. It was pretty funny to see the costumes of everyone and was a very fun party.



Morgan Harriman, Rachel Russ, me, Chrissy Smith


Here are a couple more of my favorite photos that I took.





Maylen had her first sewing project. She's been wanting to have a matching outfit for American Girl doll. So I made her a pillowcase dress, and she made Kit's dress. She really enjoyed being able to use the sewing machine for the first time. I'm so proud of her!

No comments: