Thursday, September 11, 2008

Our Crazy Busy Life

I thought I would post some of the things that go on in our daily life. Unless you want to hear our daily routine, I suggest you just scroll down to the 3rd paragraph. I wrote the following 2 paragraphs mostly for my benefit.

William just started his first semester of clinical rotations. He is spending the next two months learning the ropes at Baptist Memphis. He has so far gotten to intubate someone. I thought that was exciting. Monday is his study day. Tuesday he has class in Jackson, TN. And Wed-Fri. he shadows Anesthesiologists at the Hospital. He'll probably be spending most of Saturday studying, and then Sunday at church and with our family. Even though William is very busy with school, he is at the dinner table with us every night! That's been SO nice, and I'm expecially grateful for this since we worked nights for two years before going back to school.

Maylen, Adeline, and I have Monday together all day. Tuesday we go to Bible study at Independent. The girls get to go to the nursery, and often afterward we go to lunch with friends from the group. On Wednesday the girls go to MDO while I work on my business and occationally run errands. On Thursday I have an excercise class, and once a month I go to my smocking circle. Then before lunch Maylen has ballet and tap. Friday the girls have MDO, and I use the time to monogram and work. Saturday I usually try to catch up on household chores and run errands. Even thougth we have a lot of time out in the morning, most every afternoon I bring the girls home to rest. Most days Adeline takes great naps, and Maylen has "room time". I use the afternoons to catch up on calls or sewing for my business, or work on my Bible study, blog, or use facebook. Whew! that's a lot of running around and busyness. But again, I'm so glad that we have dinner together every night, time at the house together every evening, and we're all sleeping under the same roof at night. I feel like I have a lot to be grateful for!

The girls just seem to grow so fast. I had to write a few things that they say because they are so funny I want to remember them. There is a lot of DRAMA at our house! Two girls -- twice the drama. haha. Adeline has recently learned the expression "very, very" which she uses to emphasis her expressions. One of William and my favorites is this. . .
Adeline: "funder is berry, berry mean, but wan is berry berry nice!
English translation: thunder is very, very mean, but rain is very, very nice!
Meaning: she doesn't like thunder becasue it scares her, but she like rain.

Here is example of Maylen's drama.
"Adeline's not sharing with me. She's never, ever going to let me play with that toy again!"
Translation: I feel like I've been waiting forever for her to share, and since she hasn't already, she may never share that toy with me.

Here is an example of Maylen's brilliant mind (which keeps me on my toes).
The other day I told the girls that William was at the hospital learning anesthesia. Maylen remarked about how that sounded like a lot like Anastasia. I responded that they sound just alike, but are two different things. She questioned what I meant. I tried to explain in child's terms what anesthesia is, and that Anastasia is the girl's name in the movie. Maylen then corrected me and said that I shouldn't say that they sound just alike. Because they don't sound alike, but that I should say they sound similar. Wow! I started laughing because I felt like I was having a conversation with William. She get's that from him for sure! I don't know if I'll be able to keep up with her.

1 comment:

Emilee Odette Garrett said...

Speaking of Tuesdays at Bible study, I missed you this morning!!!