Thursday, September 11, 2008

September and Many New Beginnings

This has been a very busy month for us--and we're barely half way in. The girls started Mother's Day Out Sept. 3. They are attending 2 days a week, and so far they both love it. This is Maylen's last year to attend MDO. I can't believe she'll be old enough for kindergarten next year (sniff, sniff). I'm glad that the girls are at the same place this year.


We took this picture a few days ago. This is the last picture we got of Adeline in her crib before moving her into her big girl bed. I can't believe that I took the crib down for the first time in 4 1/2 years.


Adeline is so proud of her "princess bed"-- it sounds so much more exciting when we call it that. She is sleeping in the daybed that I had when I was little. She seems to really enjoy her bed-- she looks like a princess all cuddled up under the covers. I think this picture makes her look bigger already (sniff, sniff).


Maylen came home from MDO and said that she wanted to take ballet with Ava, one of her friends from school. As it turns out, there are 3 little girls from Maylen's class that are taking ballet and tap together. So I signed Maylen up, and we went to try on ballet and tap shoes. As soon as I had the laces tied, she stood up and started tapping across the floor. I started laughing because I was surprised that she knew exactly what to do.
Today was her first day of dance lessons. She was SO excited. Since Monday she had been counting down the days. When I picked her up she showed me some of the steps she had learned. She said that tap was her favorite because she likes the way that the tap shoes sound.

2 comments:

Emilee Odette Garrett said...

Oh wow! The big girl bed! I guess we need to tackle that very soon, huh? You'll have to tell me your tricks. I can't wait to hear more about dance class!

carly said...

sniff, sniff. They are growing up too fast!