Thursday, September 11, 2008

Smocking for my beautiful girls

I love to smock for the girls. There are so many reasons that I love it. I love the look of smocked clothing; it's a fun and relaxing project; I love having the creative outlet. But the best part of smocking for the girls is the way they respond to the clothes that I make for them. I involve them in the process by letting them pick out colors they like, or I allow them to pick out the plate that I am going to smock. Maylen especially acts so grateful for the dresses and will proudly tell others that, "Mommy made this dress for me". How rewarding to hear my little girls get excited about wearing the clothes that I make for them. So, I wanted to post some pictures of the girls in their clothes before they outgrow them.

I smocked these dresses for the girls this spring. There are bright pink, purple, yellow, and green ladybugs smocked across the bishops.


I made this dress for Maylen last spring, but I hadn't taken a picture of her in it. I love that they can wear bishops for a while. She was picking flowers out of the flower bed before we left for church.


Adeline is wearing a blue bishop with little white lambs smocked across the front. I made this for Maylen when she was 12 months old. I can't believe that they have both gotten two summers out of this dress!


The weather was so nice that we were outside enjoying the weather before we left for church.


The turquoise dress that Maylen is wearing has fish swimming on the front. I made it this summer for her. Adeline's outfit has butterflies; I also made this one for Maylen a few years ago and now it fits Adeline. I'm glad that they appreciate hand-me-downs at this age.



Two too cute cheeks!


Can you tell I love them?!

2 comments:

Emilee Odette Garrett said...

You do such a beautiful job on all your dresses. I love you and your girls!

carly said...

Ohh, I cannot wait for my girls to dress alike! It is the most rewarding hearing them take pride in what you do and make for them! I love them. . .the dresses and the girls!