Friday, May 22, 2009

Last week of Mother's Day Out

Where did the time go? How did it go by so fast. I think time has somehow sped up since having kids. My precious first daughter, Maylen had her last Mother's Day Out Spring Musical and very last day of Mother's Day Out this week. And I'm a so emotional about it all! It just seems like days ago that I took her on our first outing of her life to Panara Bread when she was less than 2 weeks old and a lady stopped me to ask me how old she was. I remember the lady telling me that the time goes by so fast and it would be hard to remember her being that little. Well, she was right-- it does go by so fast. I also remember taking Maylen to her very first day of Mother's Day Out and then shedding some tears that I had taken my daughter to be cared for by someone else for the day. Now 3 years later and many special memories, and so many things learned and accomplished, Maylen is ready for school! I am so emotional about how fast it has gone, how much she has grown, how our lives will never be the same. I am already missing the time when she'll be at home and we'll all get up and have cereal together and talk about what we want to do that day. I'll miss the playdates with preschool friends and quiet afternoon naps. I'll miss her sweet friendships with the other girls at school and how precious they treat each other. I'll miss sleeping-in until 8:00 and then being in pajamas for an hour. I'll miss that she can't just be my little girl at home thinking that I know everything in life that she needs to learn. I'll miss her going to MDO and being so proud of the coloring pages and finger painting that she has done. I'll miss just knowing that she will be with me and not have to go off to school. We often tease her and tell her not to grow as she pretends to grow right before our eyes by standing as tall as she can and then up to her tip-toes. I love her so much and wish that I could just freeze time for a little while to enjoy her.

Here's Adeline singing with her group. I'm so glad she has another 2 years at Trinity MDO. It's such a wonderful preschool!



Maylen with her age group on the top left corner.



Maylen with some of her wonderful friends that she made and became so close to while at Trinity. Ellie, Riley, Bella, Maylen, Ava, Lindsey, and Finley



Crazy faces.



Sweet friends: Riley, Lindsey, Finley, Maylen



Maylen, Ava, and Abigail -- Abigail was the first little girl that she would come home talking about when they were only 2 1/2.



Adeline is such a sweet girl, and still my baby.



Walking up the side walk in their Ice Cream dresses for Ice Cream Day.



Adeline was so pooped when I went to get her that afternoon.

No comments: