Sunday, May 17, 2009

Spring Flowers and Little Girls

It's been a while since I have updated. It seems that life is just too busy to update more than once a month lately. This spring I was so please with how the hard work that I (and William) have put into the yard and flowers has paid off. We had a beautiful spring in Memphis this year. Before we got the notorious April showers, we had really nice weather and the azaleas, dogwoods, and roses were all in bloom at once, which made for such nice drives around town. I managed to take a few pictures of this prior to what felt like 2 weeks of non-stop rain. I think it rained-- no, poured everyday!

This is a cutting from our rose bush. I don't know what variety it is, but the blooms are a large peach color.



Adeline was standing in front of some of the azaleas and climbing rose bush. (I pruned the large rose bushes along the back fence quite a bit the last two years which has produced more blooms this spring than the previous 4 years combined).



Gotta love little girls being sweet when taking pictures!









Evie, my niece, came to play with the girls one day. They were so cute in their princess costumes and holding their look-alike dolls.



I couldn't resist taking this picture of the girls one night before bed. They were giggling and telling each other something silly when I found them.

No comments: