Monday, March 9, 2009

Funny Conversations with the Girls

Adeline has lately been asking if we are going to have a new baby at our house. I asked her if she would like that. She said, yes, that she would like a baby sister. A few days ago we were at American Girl Place and I asked her if she would like one of the big dolls, or one of the Bitty Babies. She looked at me and said, yes, I want a baby brother or sister! Haha that wasn't exactly the answer I was looking for.

Maylen was talking to me in the bathroom while I was getting ready the other day. She was asking me about when she was born. She loves me to tell her about what a special gift her birth was to our family. I can't remember exactly how the conversation started, but I thought this part was funny...

Ashley: "I wanted a baby and then almost a year later you were born."
Maylen: She looked at me and asked "How did that happen?"
A: "What? How did what happen?"
M: "How did you want a baby and then you had me?"
A: "Well, I guess like the verse in the Bible in I Samuel. 'I asked the Lord for a child and the Lord gave me what I asked of Him.'"
M: "So if I ask God for a baby brother, He will give me one?"
A: "Well, maybe. But you better be careful what you ask God for." hehe

I'm not sure what has given them the idea to talk about babies. Maybe it's because their Aunt Holly is pregnant. But it's funny to hear them say that they want to have a baby brother or sister.

No comments: